I was able to take part in a number of exciting editing projects while working for Ooligan Press from 2017 to 2019. This industry experience, along with the coursework in my graduate program, allowed me to consistently improve upon my editing skills and gain knowledge of several different types of editing, from XML typecoding to developmental.
- The Widmer Way: How Two Brothers Led Portland's Craft Beer Revolution, Jeff Alworth. Ooligan Press. March 26th, 2019. I xml typecoded chapters 4-6, pages 55-106, of this Widmer Brothers biography.
- The Gifts We Keep, Katie Grindeland. Ooligan Press. April 16th, 2019. I xml typecoded pages 64-123 of this literary fiction book that Ooligan is publishing in a new partnership with the Multnomah County Library.
- Breaking Cadence: One Woman's War Against the War, Rosa del Duca. Ooligan Press. May 21st, 2019. I xml typedcoded pages 102-204 of this military memoir by debut author Rosa del Duca.
- Breaking Cadence: One Woman's War Against the War, Rosa del Duca. Ooligan Press. May 21st, 2019. I proofread pages 280-327 of the print version of this memoir.
- Sleeping In My Jeans, Connie King Leonard. Ooligan Press. November 13th, 2018. I proofread pages 124-164 of the print version of this book.
- 50 Hikes in the Tillamook and Clatsop State Forests, Sierra Club-Oregon Chapter. Ooligan Press. March 1st, 2018. This was a unique ebook proofread because of the amount of formatting, headings, and photographs. I proofread pages 23-54.
- Lincoln's Daughter, Tony Wolk. Ooligan Press. February 16th, 2018. I proofread pages 210-274 of the ebook version of this book.
- At the Waterline, Brian K. Friesen. Ooligan Press. May 1st, 2017. This was my first ebook proofread for Ooligan. I proofread pages 161-197.
- The Gifts We Keep, Katie Grindeland. Ooligan Press. April 16th, 2019. I performed a medium copyedit on pages 173-257 of this literary fiction manuscript that Ooligan acquired in winter 2018.
- Sleeping In My Jeans, Connie King Leonard. Ooligan Press. November 13th, 2018. I performed a heavy copyedit on pages 132-162 of this YA novel Ooligan acquired in spring 2017.
- The Amazing True Adventures of Ben Franklin's Cat, Dan Greenberg. ThunderStone Books. TBA. I performed a heavy copyedit on the first 55 pages of this yet to be published children's chapter book, that was used with permission from the author for a Book Editing class.
- The End of My Career, Martha Grover. Perfect Day Books. July 28th, 2016. This manuscript was used with permission from the author for use in a Copyediting class I took in spring 2018. I performed a medium copyedit on its entirety.
- The Amazing True Adventures of Ben Franklin's Cat, Dan Greenberg. I developmentally edited the first half of this manuscript in progress for an assignment in a Book Editing course I took in winter 2018. The letter is addressed to the author, but the assignment was for in-class purposes only.
NOTE: Due to the confidential nature of these materials, not all samples are available for immediate viewing. Please contact me if you're interested in viewing more of my work.